Day 3 of Filming!


Welcome back to my blog! Today, I'm thrilled to share about the final day of filming for my short film. It's been quite a journey, and I'm so excited to see it all come together. Day 3 was a bit easier compared to the previous days since I didn’t need any actors besides myself and the shots weren't too difficult. But don't let that fool you. It was still a crucial day because these shots were most important in telling the story and setting up the ending. I started off the day by setting the scene for my film where I was driving to the Pickleball courts to meet my friends, feeling rushed and in a hurry. This rush led to some trouble when I went to hang up my bag and it ended up falling. It was a bit chaotic because my bag ended up falling behind someone else's, making it hard for me to spot. When filming each element I was focused to make sure the camera angles added to the storyline. As the story continued, despite the mishap, I continued playing pickleball, but my bag remained out of sight. When I spotted a girl with a similar bag, it sparked a chase scene, adding a lot of tension to the story. These shots were crucial in building up the whole narrative, so we spent extra time making sure they looked just right. This took many takes to make it seamless and cohesive. I made sure to capture enough shots to fill my timeframe. Although I was worried about time, I did not want to take away from the story. Overall, day three of filming was a complete success, and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. It's amazing to see all the hard work and planning pay off in the end. Thanks for reading my blog!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog: Filming

Production blog: peer review