Editing for My Final Task

 Welcome back to my blog! Today, I'm excited to talk about the editing process for my final task. Unlike last year, where I had a lot of help from my group, this year I'm alone. Last year, Rhys from my group took charge of most of the editing, and the video turned out great. However, this time around, I don't have that luxury. So, I had to figure it out on my own and I learned some new skills in the process. First things first, I scouted out different software options for editing. Many required payment or personal information. I then stumbled upon CapCut, which turned out to be a great choice. Once I imported my clips and added them to the software, along with the opening credits I'd already prepared, I was surprised to find that my footage exceeded five minutes. Initially, this seemed overwhelming. It actually forced me to trim down unnecessary shots and focus solely on the story. With all my clips in the software, I began editing my opening scenes, embedding titles, fixing dialogue, and adding music. This part of the process was incredibly enjoyable, and I found myself learning the software as I went along. Transitioning to the actual storytelling, I arranged the clips in the correct order and added any necessary transitions for smooth flow. Most importantly, I used sound effects and background music to heighten tension and enhance the film. It was a lot of work and took a lot of time. After seeing everything come together in the end made it all worth it. Stay tuned for the final product! Thanks for reading my blog.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog: Filming

Production blog: peer review